This listing is for a brand new 25KW 1-20KHz low-frequency induction heater with tilt-pour graphite crucible (item# IH25K). Note: The unit sale here is in 460-480 volts three-phase, optional 380 volts three-phase unit available upon request.
Across International’s IHL series 1 kHz to 20 kHz low frequency induction heaters are good for a wide range of applications including deep heat penetration for full hardening processes, steel rod forging, tempering of pressing dies, pre-heating for welding, and melting of metal batches over 4 lbs. They are not limited to ferromagnetic materials, so nonferrous metals can also be used effectively.
There are three major components to the system: the power supply, the compensating capacitor/transformer and the induction coil/smelting crucible. Our heaters automatically adjust to the best resonant frequency in order to achieve the most efficient overall heating results based on our customer’s requirements which include heat penetration, heating efficiency, operating noise and electromagnetic homogeneity. Two of our most popular low frequency machines are the Melting Furnaces with Tile-Pour Melter and Auto-feeding Rod Heating Furnaces for Forging.
- Ease of use: just plug in the power and connect the cooling system. Our simple instruction allows you to use the heater in 15 minutes.
- Digital output, frequency and current displays.
- Dual automatic and manual modes.
- Comes with one graphite or silica crucible. Additional crucibles available at extra cost. (melting material decides crucible type, weight and size of the material decide crucible size)
- ISO 9001:2008 registered manufacturer.
- One year warranty and lifetime US-based parts and service support.
- Overvoltage protection: machine shuts down, overvoltage light turns on and buzzer sounds continuously when line voltage exceeds 260V. Alarm shuts off automatically when voltage returns below 260V.
- Overheat protection: if sensor detects heat sink temperature is over 55°C, machine shuts down, overheat light turns on and buzzer sounds continuously. Decrease water temperature until alarm goes off.
- Overcurrent/malfunction protections: machine shuts down, indicator light turns on and buzzer sounds continuously in one of these situations:
- Short circuit exists between work piece and induction coils
- One of the machine parts becomes overheated
- Interfering signal detected
- Machine malfunctions
- Induction coils touching each other
- Line voltage is too low
- Low water pressure protection: if water pressure goes below 29 PSI, machine will shut down, water protection light will turn on and buzzer will sound continuously.
- Always wear protective gear including goggles when operating the machine. Crucibles must be covered at all times during operation. Across International is not responsible for any injury or damage caused by misuse.
- Running without a work-piece for extended periods of time may cause damage to the machine.
- Circulating water must be pure, soft and below 45°C.
- Machine must be grounded properly at all times.
- Use of single-turn coils smaller than 4 inches in diameter may cause high frequency damage to the machine.
- Absolutely no thread tape (or related material) may be used in the installation of induction coils.
|Max. input current||31 A (min. 40A 3-phase circuit breaker required)|
|Power||460 VAC 50/60Hz three phase (380V available upon request)|
|Power cord||6-gauge 4-conductor Max 45A (6/4 SOOW for 3 PH system)|
|Output frequency||1-20 KHz (actual frequency depends on type, size of work pieces and heating requirements)|
|Input power||25 KW|
|Output current||5-45 A|
|Output voltage||70-550 V|
|Auto heating time||1-99 seconds|
|Auto retaining time||1-99 seconds|
|Auto cooling time||1-99 seconds|
|Water pressure||≥ 0.2 Mpa (29 PSI) you may use tap water and water pump (>1/4HP & >240 Gph)|
|Water flow||> 1.6 gallons (6 liters) per minute|
|Unit dimensions (DxWxH)|| Power supply: 55 Lb, 18 x 10 x 18″
Transformer: 18 x 10 x 17″ (or 19 x 16 x 17″, depends on requirements)
Tilt-pour: 26 x 22 x 27″ (or 26 x 24 x 37″, upon request)
Graphite crucible: 6″ OD, 8″ height
Optional 3P chiller: 37 x 20 x 38″
|Shipping dimensions (DxWxH)|| 30 x 26 x 26” (induction heaters)
43 x 27 x 35” (tilt-pour)
|Shipping weight|| 180 Lb (induction heaters)
220 Lb (tilt-pour)
|Max. melting capacity|| 22-44 Lb (copper, silver, gold), 17 Lb (steel), 8 Lb (aluminum)
See melting point of various metals and alloys
|IHL25K power supply and capacitor||1 set||
|Tilt-pour melter with one graphite or silica crucible||1 set|
| Power cable btw power supply & capacitor x 1
Temp cable btw power supply & capacitor x 1
Water cooled cable btw capacitor & melter x 2
|Remote on/off switch||1 pc|
| Water cooling fitting
(1/4″ x 2, 3/8″ x 1 hose barb)
|Stainless steel hose clamp||8 pcs||
|Operation manual||1 pc||